Close search
School of Education web banner

Graduate Programs in Education

Apply  Visit  Request Info 

Baldwin Wallace University offers graduate programs in education for candidates who hold a bachelor's degree and are seeking an initial teaching license and for current educators to expand their credentials. Graduate classes are offered fully online and undergraduate classes for select initial license programs are offered on BW's campus. Education graduate programs can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis.

MAEd Programs

BW offers several options to earn your Master of Arts in Education, including educational leadership, leadership in technology, literacy, mild to moderate educational needs, mathematics teaching and science teaching.

Initial License + Master's Programs

BW offers several programs for those who want to earn their initial teaching license and their Master of Arts in Education (MAEd).

The traditional initial license + master's program offers a graduate specialization (educational technology, literacy or mild/moderate educational needs) as well as the grade level and teaching area.

BW also offers specialized full-time programs in mathematics teaching, science teaching and a license + master's in mild to moderate educational needs.

Licenses and Endorsements

BW offers several licenses and endorsements to support educators seeking to expand their skills and opportunities. While a master's degree is required to earn the principal and superintendent licenses, you have the option to earn the other licenses and endorsements independently or with additional courses, you can earn a Master of Arts in Education (MAEd).

Graduate Certificates in Education

Initial Teaching License

For students who just want to earn their initial teaching license, classes are taught on campus in Berea, primarily during the day, with clinical placements in school districts near campus.

School Social Work License

Baldwin Wallace offers graduate education courses leading to a school social work license. BW participates in a cooperative program with Case Western Reserve University Jack, Joseph, and Morton Mandel School of Applied Social Sciences that enables social workers to add the Pupil Services License in School Social Work to their professional credentials by enrolling in three graduate education courses at Baldwin Wallace.


Professional Development Courses

BW offers graduate level, non-degree professional development courses for K-12 educators and administrators, including the below certifications.

Want to Learn More?

Schedule a meeting with a BW admission counselor to learn how one of the BW MAEd programs can help you reach your career goals and fit your schedule.

Virtual Open House

Check out the virtual open house if you're unable to visit campus in person.


Graduate & Professional Studies Admission

(440) 826-8012,

Department of Education

(440) 826-2166, (440) 826-3779 (fax)

For Licensed Teachers

Gail Habig, Academic Advisor
(440) 826-6534,

For Initial Teaching License

Dr. Debra Janas,

Request More Information