Close search
School of Education web banner

School Social Work - Apply

Program Eligibility

  • Applicant graduated from the Mandel School, holding an MSSA/MSW degree, or from another CSWE-accredited graduate social work program with a direct practice MSW.
  • Applicant must have completed at minimum the required coursework at the Mandel School for the Children, Youth, and Families specialization or the School Social Work program. Non-Mandel School graduates must provide evidence of successful completion (a grade of B or better) of coursework equivalent to that required for school social work in the Mandel School MSW program.
  • Applicants must have completed a two-semester supervised field placement in a school setting or must have one year of current school social work experience in a school setting (current is defined as "presently employed") or work experience no more than one year old from the time of application.
  • Enrollment requires joint approval from the CWRU Mandel School and BW.

How to Apply

  1. Complete the CWRU application and submit desired application materials to CWRU. The Director of School Social Work at the Mandel School will review application materials for eligibility.
  2. Return the completed MSASS verification of eligibility form to the BW office of admission, which shows BW you have met eligibility requirements set by the Mandel School of Applied Social Sciences to pursue the pupil services license in school social work. A copy of the signed form may be sent via email to the BW admission office at
  3. Register for classes at BW - Once your application has been reviewed and you have received a letter of admission from Baldwin Wallace University, you will be able to work with Gail Habig at (440) 826-6534 or to register for classes.

Tuition & Financial Aid

MAEd graduate courses at Baldwin Wallace University are $565/credit hour. Select candidates (students not currently enrolled in a graduate program) may be eligible for federal direct student loans. Please contact the BW admission office at or (440) 826-8012 for more information.